Strongbox supports Apple Family Sharing for all versions of its Apps and for all License types (Monthly, Yearly, Lifetime In-App Purchase and Lifetime Outright Pro). No Exceptions. Some times though it can be tricky to get this working correctly, so here are some tips and tricks...
Here are some simple steps to help you get going with Strongbox for all your Family Sharing group.
1. Some Simple First Checks
- Restart the devices
- Make sure you are logged in to the App Store with the correct Apple ID
- Family Sharing AND Purchase Sharing must be enabled on ALL devices, not just the purchaser's device
- You must also look under Purchased Items, it won’t be possible to share just via a search in the App Store
2. Sign out and back into Media & Purchases/the App Store
- Open the Settings app
- Tap your name at the top of the screen
- Tap Media & Purchases
- Tap Sign Out
- Sign back in
- Open the App Store app
- Click Store in the menu bar at the top of the screen
- Click Sign Out
- Sign back in
3. Checking Your Purchase
Next, let's double check you can see Strongbox on your own device first. What do you see under your Purchased Items? Follow Apple's instruction below to find out:
View your purchase history for the App Store
4. Checking the purchase is available on your Friend/Family member's device
- Go to the App Store on their device
- Tap their profile picture at the top of the screen, then tap Purchased.
- Now tap the name of the person who purchased the App (not the current family member) to see your purchases on their device.
What do you see? You should see your purchase on their device. There is also some great troubleshooting on Apple's site below:
May 8, 2023